Founded in 1961, Yves Saint Laurent is one of the world’s most prominent fashion houses. It was the first Couture house to launch, in 1966, the modern concept of luxury women's prêt-à-porter, in a collection called « Rive Gauche ». Throughout the years, its groundbreaking styles have become iconic cultural and artistic references and its founder, the couturier Yves Saint Laurent, secured a reputation as one of the twentieth century’s foremost designers. In March 2012, Hedi Slimane was appointed Creative and Image Director of the maison Yves Saint Laurent.
Saint Laurent is a global brand at the vanguard of fashion, designing and marketing a broad range of women’s and men’s ready-to-wear products, leather goods, shoes and jewelry.
-Currently enrolled in a four-year university or accredited graduate program
-Eligible to receive school credit
-Passion for and knowledge of luxury fashion industry
-Experience working in a fast-paced office environment, demanding a high attention to detail, excellent written and communication abilities, eagerness to contribute, ability to adapt to and multitask in high pressure situations, strong sense of urgency and a genuine enthusiasm to learn and grow in a positive, collaborative work environment.
-Must be able to commit to at least 3-5 full work days per week.
The Saint Laurent Public Relations Department is looking for Spring 2015 interns. Main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Supporting the Public Relations Managers and Public Relations Coordinators in their daily activities
• Maintaining the organization of the sample closet and magazine archive
• Assisting with sample trafficking, new sample inventory and gifting initiatives
• Reviewing national and local publications and websites for editorial credits on a daily basis
• Assisting with daily digital and weekly print + digital press reviews
• Assisting with VIP dressing initiatives
• Coordinating messenger services and international overnight shipments
• General administrative duties