We are a design/development/production management and consulting company located in New York City's Garment District providing services for emerging designers and established brands, and we are looking for interns who are serious about learning and gaining experience in ALL aspects of the fashion industry. If you are serious about learning the ins and outs of making a fashion product, then this is a FANTASTIC opportunity for you. You will have hands-on training in the fashion world and take part in working with some of the best names in the industry.
We are looking for interns to help with upcoming production and development of new collections this coming fall of 2017, commit to 2-3 days a week for a minimum of a 3-months period. This is an unpaid internship with School Credit but could turn into a future paying position.
• Must be a Fashion student/graduate (Fashion Design preferred, but Fashion Marketing/Merchandising are considered)
• An interest in the product development and production side of the fashion industry
• Garment construction knowledge (patterns, sewing etc.) a plus
• Organized and detailed oriented person with strong work ethic
• Sharp and quick learner with great communication skills
• Microsoft Office competency (Illustrator and Photoshop a plus)
• Internet savvy (social media a plus but not required)
To qualify you MUST be living in the NYC area for the entire duration of the internship, and be able to start working immediately.
Unpaid, with School Credit.
Please send a cover letter and resume along with your availability to be considered as a candidate for this internship.
• Work closely with the Product Development and Production Associates and be a liaison between pattern makers, sample rooms, and factories.
• Sourcing materials throughout the garment district
• Flat Sketching, specs, and tech-pack
• Pattern making and cutting samples
• Preparing PO's, cost sheets and cutting tickets
• Responding flexibly to various daily challenges
• Learn EVERYTHING about the back end of a fashion line! From creating the concept and all the way to the retail floor!