Founded in 1973, Elie Tahari is a privately held global lifestyle brand with a presence in more than forty countries. Our mission is to design clothing of the finest quality with attention to detail for customers looking for fashion and value in luxury ready-to-wear. Elie Tahari's womenswear, menswear and accessory collections combine modern sophistication with timeless style and always feature the special workmanship characteristic of the Elie Tahari brand - a favorite for confident and passionate men and women around the world.
We are seeking qualified candidates for our Year Round Internship Program. It will be an excellent opportunity to learn about Elie Tahari and the fashion industry. An internship program with Elie Tahari will provide you with a perfect opportunity to combine your classroom learning with a real life look into what you could be doing in the future!
Other rewards include: Industry experience for your resume; Guidance in your career selection process; Opportunity to develop hands on experience while learning all aspects of the industry; A foot in the door for future full-time opportunities.
Please note this internship is specifically for COLLECTION - WOVENS - TAILORING & HARD PIECES. In your application, please state the level of experience you have with leather, shearling, denim and tailoring.
Fashion design majors
Must be extremely responsible, punctual, and reliable
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Professional, pleasant attitude, and proactive
Full-time availability preferred;
Hand sketching, Photoshop, and Illustrator proficiency a must
• Visiting factories in the garment district - picking up/dropping off materials and samples - cutting factories, sewing factories, pleating factories etc.
• Sourcing fabric and trims in the garment district
• Updating boards
• Helping to fill out tech packs
• Preparing packages for European sample making
• Cutting out digitized patterns
• Illustrator and Photoshop work - coloring/updating sketches
• Checking in fabrics and organizing swatches
• Assisting with dressing models and maintaining the showroom during market
• Assisting with dressing for the Photoshoot
• Hand-sewing labels and buttons
• Archiving swatches, fabrics + trims